Is there a EOWEEK?

This is a discussion on Is there a EOWEEK? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Greetings, I know of the EOMONTH function, but is there an "end of week" function? I can't see one when ...

Board Regular

Default Is there a EOWEEK?

Greetings, I know of the EOMONTH function, but is there an "end of week" function? I can't see one when I search for it in Excel. My application is that when working with future dates, I would like to automatically adjust the date for the end of the week as opposed to a Wednesday or Thursday.

For example, if I enter a date for "today()+7", I would like to return the value to reflect the date for next Saturday. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the help, RB

Default Re: Is there a EOWEEK?

Here's one way to get the date of the following Saturday, for a date in A1

Code:
    =a1+7-weekday(a1,1)
    The following is my SIGNATURE. It's not part of any question or solution I'm posting. If it IS your solution, you've got a very weird problem !

Sub Macro()
    ActiveCell = "IY" & Right(Application.Name, 5)
    With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=2, Length:=1).Font
    .Name = "Webdings"
    .Color = 255
    End With
    End Sub

Default Re: Is there a EOWEEK?

Quote Originally Posted by rickblunt View Post
    Greetings, I know of the EOMONTH function, but is there an "end of week" function? I can't see one when I search for it in Excel. My application is that when working with future dates, I would like to automatically adjust the date for the end of the week as opposed to a Wednesday or Thursday.

For example, if I enter a date for "today()+7", I would like to return the value to reflect the date for next Saturday. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the help, RB

This will replicate the OEMONTH function but for weeks... set for mon-sun, but your worksheet function can have a -1 to get to saturday.

Function EOWEEK(start_date As Date, weeks As Double)
    EOWEEK = start_date + 7 + (7 * weeks) - WorksheetFunction.Weekday(start_date, 2)
    End Function

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others