VBA for: Paste/transpose a set of a values from 1 worksheet to another

swtbeb4lyfe43

Board Regular
Hi,

I need to do something complicated & would appreciate your help.

I'm going to type in a value ("Alias") in a cell on worksheet 1 ("Assessment"). I want this value to look for the matching value in Column B of worksheet 2 ("main") in the same workbook. This Column B contains a huge list of possible values that may match.

Once it finds the row of this matching value in Column B (say, it's in row 55), I want to take all existing values to the right, but only from Column L through X, then paste/transpose this string of values into vertical order under the original "Alias" cell on worksheet 1 ("Assessment").

On worksheet 2 ("main"), for each row there is a different number of values between Column L thru X, so I want it to count how many values there actually are & just paste/transpose those.

I can further explain if needed. Below is a function that does something similar, but I need to find out how to fit it to this:

****** http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">****** name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">****** name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">****** name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cvictoril%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Sub TransposeColumnEqual()

With Worksheets("Guidelines")

Set c = .Cells.Find(What:="Field Description", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:= _
xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:= _
xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

Set c = Range(c.Offset(1, 0), c.End(xlDown))
numparams = c.Count
End With
With Worksheets("TW")
.Activate
For i = 1 To numparams
.Cells(1, i).FormulaR1C1 = "=Guidelines!R" & c.Row - 1 + i & "C" & c.Column
Next i
End With
End Sub
Sub TransposeParamsEqual()

With Worksheets("Guidelines")

Set c = .Cells.Find(What:="Specified Parameter", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:= _
xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:= _
xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

Set c = Range(c.Offset(1, 0), c.End(xlDown))
numparams = c.Count
End With
With Worksheets("TW")
.Activate
For i = 1 To numparams
.Cells(2, i).FormulaR1C1 = "=Guidelines!R" & c.Row - 1 + i & "C" & c.Column
Next i
End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back