Excel Macro to open, save embedded excel, pdf and word files

mcledavid

I have a question that has stumped me so far. Here is the scenario: I am dealing with a spreadsheet that has several tabs on it. In each tab, there are several word, powerpoint, and pdf <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_1_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%; COLOR: darkgreen">documents</NOBR> that are embedded as objects. My task is to write a macro, that will for each document (keep in mind its an embedded object that needs to be opened), open it with the appropriate program, and save it using a pre-assigned name (the name of the column heading and the row it is in) to a predetermined folder path. This process needs to be duplicated about 200 times. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I know enough about vba to believe that it is. I've been working on it since yesterday, and I can't seem to tie the pieces together. Can anyone help on this? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

David

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to attack this? I understand its difficult. Would it be helpful if I attached an example of what I am working with?

Upvote 0
Are people just ignoring this question because I'm new? Or is it really that difficult? I'd love to get a response here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back