Unhide not working in Excel 2007

Submeg

Hello all,

I have been building an excel spreadsheet that does lots of different calculations. I have hidden columns from I to -> IZ (or whatever the last column possible is). I have not put protection onto the sheet.

I am now trying to unhide the columns, and it is not allowing me to do so! I have tried to use the Home -> Cells -> Format -> Unhide Columns, but it is not working (nb. I have also done this for rows but the unhide works for the rows?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Submeg

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
The unhide only works if the column or row is selected. This is straightforward if you are trying to unhide col B and select columns A and C to begin with. The problem with hiding the last column is trying to select it. To do so, click the region to the left of "A" and above "1". This will "Select All". Now try to unhide and it should work.

Upvote 0
I have tried that, but to no avail. I just tried then, it will unhide the rows, but not the columns??

Upvote 0
Try this. Click the Office button (top left), click Excel Options, tick Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon and click OK.

Press ALT + F11, from the Insert menu select Module then paste into the white space on the right

Code:
Sub UnHd()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To Columns.Count
    Columns(i).Hidden = False
Next i
End Sub

Press ALT + Q to close the code window. On the developer tab click Macros, click on UnHd then click the Run button.

Upvote 0
Hi VoG, I just added that Module in, that's a good code there, didn't know you could just do hidden = false. But it didn't do anything, they are still hiding! Surely, I couldn't have delete columns? lol (otherwise my codes wouldn't work, as there would be no data!)

I have no idea why that didn't work? I even connected it to a commandbutton, it did a lot of flickering, but still, no columns have shown up! UGG!

Upvote 0
Going out in left field here. Do you have panes frozen? If you ran that code, there are no hidden columns. I am not saying you can see them. They just are not hidden.

Upvote 0
Try the "select all" button, then set column widths to any reasonable size (eg, 8). This may solve the problem, especially if the "hidden" columns were actually formatted to a width of zero. HTH - Larry.

Upvote 0
BINGO! cheers to indiantrix. I had the columns hidden, but after unhiding them, the width was all tiny, as soon as I changed the width, hey presto they came back!

Thanks for the replies!

Upvote 0
Unhide won't work with FILTERS on!!<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <hr style="color: rgb(225, 225, 225);" size="1"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Anyone dealing w/the problem (expecially in Excel 2007) should be aware of this:

All you need to do is turn off any filters you have on the sheet and it will work. Then re-apply your filters.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back