Excel 2007 keeps crashing???

skimstr

One of our employees is having technical issues with Excel 2007. It continues to crash on him at least 2 to 3 times a day. I have reinstalled office 2007 without any success. The only add-in that appears to be running is PDF Complete. See screen shots below for error message. What do you think the problem could be?

screen1_cr.jpg

screen2_cr.jpg

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I am having a similar problem.

My workbook is crashing every time on opening. I have narrowed the problem down to links - if I open the workbook when all the workbooks it links from are open, it opens fine. If any of them are not open, my workbook crashes.

I have deleted the links and it works fine again, re-linked it and the problem has returned.

Any ideas why this is happening????

Upvote 0
I got this type of error when working with pivot tables. One fix was to hide the data tab is was linked to. That doesn't sound like it would help. Another fix was to recreate the pivot table. Copy or move option for sheets did not work. Our guess is the the work sheet is corrupt. So far no one has contacted us with a fix, so we are going with our work arounds. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I have found that Excel 2007 crashes on a regular basis.

- array formulae seem to cause crashes
- Solver (which I have not used at all since this install) suddenly corrupted
(Excel told me this and offered to disable it)
- I have also found that links to other files cause crashes
- Charts crash periodically

Upvote 0
I have been experiencing crashes using Excel 2007 for the past week after it worked properly in the past. After much searching I found this solution on the Microsoft Office Discussion forum at:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...9b489f-c737-41dc-9198-a39fadea575e&sloc=en-us

Basically when I was using Outlook 2007 at the same time, there seemed to be a conflict. By exiting Outlook and stopping the process as described below, it fixed my problem and now Excel is working again. I hope this helps someone else.

Here is the posting that helped me:

I'm not running Excel on a server, but have had problems with Excel crashing intermittently since I installed Office 2007 two years ago. I have lost a great deal of work during these crashes, as I work on spreadsheets that contain up to 50 pages, with thousands upon thousands of calculations in them.

I am a heavy Excel user. I read recently that the process, outlook.exe
sometimes continues to run, even after outlook is closed. On a hunch that this might be a problem, I no longer keep outlook open when I'm working with excel, and go so far as to open Task Manager and shut down the outlook.exe process if it hasn't halted itself. About 25-50% of the time when I close Outlook, the process continues to run and I have to halt it using task manager. Since I've done that, I've had no problems with Excel crashing. Prior to that, my computer would freeze (running Vista Home Premium). Maybe this is coincidence, and maybe not, but I'm going to keep doing it because the problem stopped immediately upon ensuring that the process was stopped.

Upvote 0
Sounds like an excellent solution to some crashes. Unfortunately I don't have Outlook installed on my Vista Home Premium computer (where I'm running Excel 2007) so this solution doesn't explain all Excel crashes.

On the plus side, Excel 2007 runs smoothly when installed with Excel 2002--you can use the two interchangeably: something you can't do with Word 2007/Word 2002, which for some bizarre reason need to reconfigure themselves whenever you switch.

Upvote 0
This is EXACTLY what is happening with my Excel when I have Outlook open (Office 2010 user). When I have Outlook completely closed, my Excel files with VBA work fine.

I have been experiencing crashes using Excel 2007 for the past week after it worked properly in the past. After much searching I found this solution on the Microsoft Office Discussion forum at:

Support for Microsoft Office Community Forums

Basically when I was using Outlook 2007 at the same time, there seemed to be a conflict. By exiting Outlook and stopping the process as described below, it fixed my problem and now Excel is working again. I hope this helps someone else.

Here is the posting that helped me:

I'm not running Excel on a server, but have had problems with Excel crashing intermittently since I installed Office 2007 two years ago. I have lost a great deal of work during these crashes, as I work on spreadsheets that contain up to 50 pages, with thousands upon thousands of calculations in them.

I am a heavy Excel user. I read recently that the process, outlook.exe
sometimes continues to run, even after outlook is closed. On a hunch that this might be a problem, I no longer keep outlook open when I'm working with excel, and go so far as to open Task Manager and shut down the outlook.exe process if it hasn't halted itself. About 25-50% of the time when I close Outlook, the process continues to run and I have to halt it using task manager. Since I've done that, I've had no problems with Excel crashing. Prior to that, my computer would freeze (running Vista Home Premium). Maybe this is coincidence, and maybe not, but I'm going to keep doing it because the problem stopped immediately upon ensuring that the process was stopped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back