why do gridlines disappear w/ excel 2007

willowbranch

PLEASE help me if you can!! I have never experienced this before I started using the new excel 2007.

Whenever I have a cell with a color for the background, & then I decide to get rid of the text & the color, my gridline goes away! I look at the top of my spreadsheet & notice that my gridline box is indeed clicked for "print" & "view".

What am I missing?????????? HOW do I get my gridline back?????

Thanks so much!!!!!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
How are you going about getting rid of the cell color? If you make the cell background white, it will get rid of the grid lines. You would want to make it no fill. I'm not sure what you are doing, but I just thought I'd ask this first?

Upvote 0
do gridlines themselves have color too...which might be a hard one to see in this case...? Not sure...

Edit: Answering my own question, there is an option in XL03 to set the gridline color, so there must be one in XL07 too...

Upvote 0
THANK YOU, Schielrn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I was doing wrong! I NEVER thought to do the "no fill"! WOW, I feel sooo stupid!!! I spent over an hour trying to figure it out & I was just frustrated cuz I couldn't figure it out!

THANK you for taking your time to help me out!! This site is just incredible! NO, I should say, "Schielrn, you are incredible!!!!!

Thanks bunches!

Willowbranches

Upvote 0
do gridlines themselves have color too...which might be a hard one to see in this case...? Not sure...

Edit: Answering my own question, there is an option in XL03 to set the gridline color, so there must be one in XL07 too...
You can change the gridline colors in 2007 as well. ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back