Formula for Checkbook Spreadsheet

whitaker

Help with formula.
I keep my checkbook on Excel. I am trying to create a sheet to see if my balance agrees with the bank. The sheet that contains the info is named “Checkbook”. On a separate sheet, I want the total of outstanding checks. When a check clears the bank, I put the letter P in Column G, which is beside the amount in Column F. I need a formula that will give me the total amount of checks that have not cleared using the “P” in Column G as the indicator.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
No, that didn't do it.
I want the sum of all amounts which do not have the "P" in the column beside it.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

Upvote 0
On your "separate sheet"

=SUMIF(Checkbook!G2:G7,"",Checkbook!F2:F7)

That is provided the cells in G are blank if not cleared.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=64 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right width=64 height=20></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0
I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this, but I got side tracked. Yes, the formula worked like a charm. I just changed the row range to accomodate the specfic year I wanted to look at. Smitty (Moderator)mentioned Quicken. I use Excel extensively at work and have to write my own formulas to obtain the analysis I want. I want to understand formulas and their applications. The more I know about what can be done with formulas, the more capable I am to resolve data problems at work. I'm slowly learning, and quite pleased with the things I can do with formulas. However, I realize I have not scratched the surface. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to the formula question. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back