Excel 2007 Data Bars

JugglerJAF

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm creating a dashboard report using the new Data Bars options under conditional formatting of Excel 2007.

I already have one set of data bars created on data that ranges from 2 up to 320.

I now want to add another set of data bars to a different set of data with a much smaller number range (10 to 55).

Both data sets will increase week on week, but the maximum number in the second data set will always be about 5 or 6 times less than the maximum value in the first data set.

Is there any way - using the data bars - to display the length of the bar so that it relates to the length of the bars in the first data set? In other words, a value of 50 in both data sets will have a data bar of the same length?

UPDATE:
I've figured out a way to do it by rearranging my data so that I had the figures for both data sets in the same column and just creating a single range with the data bars conditional formating. Simples!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back