How to Change an Excel 2007 Defined Name’s Scope From Worksheet To Workbook?

This is a discussion on How to Change an Excel 2007 Defined Name’s Scope From Worksheet To Workbook? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a LOT of defined names for individual cells that have a scope of “worksheet”. I have to change ...

Default How to Change an Excel 2007 Defined Name’s Scope From Worksheet To Workbook?

I have a LOT of defined names for individual cells that have a scope of “worksheet”. I have to change the scope for these names to “workbook”.

So far I’ve been deleting each name then defining a new version. There’s got to be a simple way of doing that, but I can’t find it. The defined name wizard has the scope box grayed out so no help there. Anyone know how to make this conversion in an EASY fashion?
    Sid
    Dell Studio XPS 8000 with Windows 7 & Office 2007 and Norton Internet Security & Anti-Virus

"The market will always do what it must
    ..to prove that the majority is wrong!"

"Old Age and Treachery
    ....Will Always Win
    .Over Youth and Skill."

xld
    Banned

Default Re: How to Change an Excel 2007 Defined Name’s Scope From Worksheet To Workbook?

Sid, get hold of the REAL NameManager http://www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplacenm-en.asp, it's a breeze with that.

Default Re: How to Change an Excel 2007 Defined Name’s Scope From Worksheet To Workbook?

Hi, XLD! The last name manager that was recommended never seemed to install. It was a mess trying to get it going, so I just gave up. I'm not sure if your recommendation is the same one or not, but I'm so desperate that I shall try again. Thanx for the assist, guy!
    Sid
    Dell Studio XPS 8000 with Windows 7 & Office 2007 and Norton Internet Security & Anti-Virus

"The market will always do what it must
    ..to prove that the majority is wrong!"

"Old Age and Treachery
    ....Will Always Win
    .Over Youth and Skill."

xld
    Banned

I have a 2003 version of NameManager installed even in 2007. Of course it means that the menu is in the Addins tab, but I can live with that.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others