IF STATEMENT COMBINED WITH VLOOKUP?

Joyce

I am trying to evaluate a cell, and depending on what the value is, enter either a 0 or go thru with the VLOOKUP.

Here is the formula I am using in cell E4
=IF($E$3,"Wg Missing",0)=VLOOKUP($B$2,FEB!$A$14:$CH$43,7)

Add'l info: Cell E3 is doing an evaluation of it's own --
=IF($B$2<>E$264,"Wg Missing","February")

I keep getting error #VALUE so I know I'm not doing this right. I'd appreciate any ideas you all have. Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hiya,

To do the formula as you've got it, try...
=IF($E$3="Wg Missing",0,VLOOKUP($B$2,FEB!$A$14:$CH$43,7))

Or, if you wanted to dispense with the additional formula that you've got in column E and do it in one go, try...

=IF($B$2<>E$264,0,VLOOKUP($B$2,FEB!$A$14:$CH$43,7))

Rgds
AJ

Upvote 0
IF STATEMENT COMBINED WITH VLOOKUP?
I am trying to evaluate a cell, and depending on what the value is, enter either a 0 or go thru with the VLOOKUP.

Here is the formula I am using in cell E4
=IF($E$3,"Wg Missing",0)=VLOOKUP($B$2,FEB!$A$14:$CH$43,7)

Add'l info: Cell E3 is doing an evaluation of it's own --
=IF($B$2<>E$264,"Wg Missing","February")

I keep getting error #VALUE so I know I'm not doing this right. I'd appreciate any ideas you all have. Thank you for your help.
----

=IF($E$3="Wg Missing",0,VLOOKUP($B$2,FEB!$A$14:$CH$43,7)

Do you really need full width of A14:CH43?

Upvote 0
IF STATEMENT COMBINED WITH VLOOKUP

Thank you so much for your help (and so quick, too!). It's perfect.

Upvote 0
Re: IF STATEMENT COMBINED WITH VLOOKUP

This was a huge help. Thank you. Follow up question. Can I control the formatting of the # (i.e. Dollars vs. a Percentage) that results from this formula?

Here's my formula: =IF(K12="RevShare",VLOOKUP(J12,products!$P$7:$Q$8,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(E12,products!$M$16:$N$31,2,FALSE))

If RevShare is in K12, then a percent will appear in the cell where this formula is entered.

But if not, then I would like to post a regular $ value, not a percentage.

Is that possible?

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Hello,
I am trying to create a nested If statement that also includes a vlookup function. Quick scenario: Table 1 contains two pieces of information that must be found in Table 2. Table 2 contains columns of data that need to populate as the final answer if both of the two pieces of information are found and a 0 (zero) if they are not. Below is my current formula.

=IF(L2=$S$3,VLOOKUP(E2,$R$4:$X$32,2,0),IF(L2=$T$3,VLOOKUP(E2,$R$4:$X$32,3,0),IF(L2=$U$3,VLOOKUP(E2,$R$4:$X$32,4,0),IF(L2=$V$3,VLOOKUP(E2,$R$4:$X$32,5,0),IF(L2=$W$3,VLOOKUP(E2,$R$4:$X$32,6,0),IF(L2=$X$3,VLOOKUP(E2,$R$4:$X$32,7,0)))))))

Note: E2 and L2 are the two items from Table 1 and L2 must match one of 6 column headings along with E2 on Table 2. Whatever the "intersection" of these two items on Table 2 is, should populate as the answer, otherwise it should return a zero 0.

I am getting a "False" instead of a "0" and the correct answer when E2 and L2 are found. Not sure how to replace the False with a 0

Upvote 0

I need a VLookup to another table, if a value also exsists in the same row as first criteria, then return value in column R.
So, =Vlookup(A3, Mastertable$A$3:AB3674,return column R, If(Mastertable column E = <84, else return #N/A, if no match of A3 on master, with column E =<84.

Make sense?

Upvote 0

I am having an issue where I have the vlookup working but i want it to check and if the column equal AIP look in column F and display that information. Any idea how i can do that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back