Replace text within a formula?

EconSean

Board Regular
Greetings all.

I have multiple (20) worksheets, each with approximately 50 formulas. The formulas are all the same currently, in that they reference a particular sheet, call it Region 1. Now, I would like to be able to change this to Region 2, Region 3, etc, depending upon the worksheet that the formula is on.

I am unable to get the standard Edit - Replace to work with the formulas, as I get an "Unable to find match" message.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards,

Sean

Tom Urtis said:
Hey Paddy, what red circle? I don't see one.

OK dumb question, what's a report post function?

..'cos I just discovered you can remove them too! Mouseover the ! icon - says something like "report this post" - click it & it sends a pop-up / mail to any (all??) moderators on the board...not sure of the ful funcitonality yet, as you might have noticed!

paddy

PS EconSean - sorry for using your post as a test for this :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I was still being told that a match couldn't be found.

This could be more to do with what you're typing in than the general method not being appropriate. care to post an example of the formulas you're trying to change, & exactly what you're typing in when you get the error messagfe.

paddy

Upvote 0
I was still being told that a match couldn't be found.

This could be more to do with what you're typing in than the general method not being appropriate. care to post an example of the formulas you're trying to change, & exactly what you're typing in when you get the error messagfe.

paddy

Upvote 0
Tom,

I have the same setup here (2002, XP). I can't figure out why it won't work for me.

In any case, your code (from another thread), with a very minor modification, is working beautifully for me as I write this note.

Thanks again.

Sean

Upvote 0
Paddy and Tom,

Now the method that was initially suggested (and which I had unsuccessfully attempted before ever postet my question here) is working; that is, I am just using the standard Edit - Replace method.

One caveat, I shut the file down and then reopened it, and it is now working. I can't for the life of me understand why it wasn't working initially.

In any case, I learned a little with the (Tom's) code that I ended up using.

Thanks.

Sean

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back