How to unprotect Excel file when forget password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hai.LT

Dear,

I have an excel file, I protect it, for along time, I forget password. How can I unprotect it and how can I see macro code if it is protected also.

Regards,
Hai LT

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Sorry tis against board rules to discuss getting around forgotten passwords :(

"Do not post asking for help with getting around ANY form of password/security protection. Be it Excel or Access or even website security measures such as "captchas"--any such posts will be locked or deleted when found. Any replies to such a question which contain links or macro code will be edited to remove the links/code or even deleted entirely as seen fit by the moderators and administrators. If you come across a post asking to break password protection or affect security settings in some way, please use the report function on the thread and a moderator or admin will take care of it.
  1. To clarify: while we realize that there could be "innocent" cases such as an ex-employee being the only person to know a workbook password or a person simply forgetting the password to their own file, the bottom line is that we have no way to verify the claims of the person asking about the password. We're not saying that it is not possible to break passwords, quite the contrary. There are a ton of sites out there where the information exists. We simply are not going to actively help in finding them. That's what search engines are for."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back