Fischer's Exact Test Formula

This is a discussion on Fischer's Exact Test Formula within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Does anyone happen to have this? Many Thanks!...

Board Regular

Default Fischer's Exact Test Formula

Does anyone happen to have this?

Many Thanks!

Default Re: Fischer's Exact Test Formula

Baitmaster G
    wha'ever, I do whad I wan'

Excel 2010 (work), 2010 (more work), 2007 on Win 7 and 2010 on Win 8 (home), 2003 (a dim and distant memory)

Board Regular

Does this site have an excel formula to run one-tailed and two-tailed tests???

not exactly, no. It contains the mathematical formulas for deducing the probability of certain results, but you will have to write these into Excel yourself, unless you have a statistical package to help you

It covers the theory of one-tail and two-tail tests, but you would need to write the actual test yourself, e.g. at what point would you want to break out if the 2tail test fails..?

Once you have written the formulas, you can use macros to loop through and perform some monte-carlo sampling for you

For basic monte carlo style anaylsis, you would have formulas that include the RAND() function, then use a simple macro something like the following
    Code:
    sub simulate()
    dim i as integer
    for i = 1 to 100
    calculate
    sheets("results").cells(i,1).value = range("[cell with results in]").value
    next i
    This builds a table of results, that you could then perform further analysis on

I'm straying outside of my areas of - lets call it comfort, rather than expertise - so I don't really want to get dragged further into statistical theory than this
    Baitmaster G
    wha'ever, I do whad I wan'

Excel 2010 (work), 2010 (more work), 2007 on Win 7 and 2010 on Win 8 (home), 2003 (a dim and distant memory)

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others