Power pivot question

This is a discussion on Power pivot question within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'm not entirely sure I need t post this question here, and I could not find anything on the internet ...

Default Power pivot question

I'm not entirely sure I need t post this question here, and I could not find anything on the internet so here goes...

I was trying the Power Pivot add in, and I'm pretty confident I'm doing everything right... I find the data I need, I get it loaded, but when I try to make a pivot table out of it, I get the following error:

============================
    Error Message:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Call Stack:

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotCache.CreatePivotTable(Object TableDestination, Object TableName, Object ReadData, Object DefaultVersion)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.CreatePivot(PivotCache cache, Worksheet workSheet, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, Object pivotVersion, SASlicerHost slicerHost)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.InsertPivot(String sandboxConnectionString, String location, String cubeName, MultiObjectsReportType reportType)

The data set is small (only about 100 rows) and the data is not corruped in any way (its just numbers). I am running on Windows 7 ,Excel 2010 and the latest Power Pivot download .

Anyone got any ideas?

Default Re: Power pivot question

I am encountering exactly the same problem. I am also running on Windows 7 ,Excel 2010 and the latest Power Pivot download .
    But my dataset (fact table) is large, it is 7 711 210 records (which successfully load into powerpivot).
    However I cannot create a pivot table.

The command was canceled. Please press F1 to get the help topc "Excel Window: PowerPivot Field List" for more details.

details:
    Error Message:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
    Call Stack:

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotCache.CreatePivotTable(Object TableDestination, Object TableName, Object ReadData, Object DefaultVersion)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.CreatePivot(PivotCache cache, Worksheet workSheet, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, Object pivotVersion, SASlicerHost slicerHost)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.InsertPivot(String sandboxConnectionString, String location, String cubeName, MultiObjectsReportType reportType)

Default Re: Power pivot question

I just found the solution on another forum. This error occurs when the Excel workbook has opened in compatability mode. Go to File menu, select compatability mode and convert. Then you can start again with importing the data into powerpivot.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others