Excel 2010 - pop up message clipboard cannot be emptied

Hipporay

My company just installed Windows 2010 and we are using Excel 2010. After a few times of copy/paste, a pop up comes up that the clipboard cannot be emptied. another program might be using the clipboard.

I've tried looking in Options, Add-Ins, COM Add-Ins - nothing is displayed to "uncheck".

Any ideas? Thank you!

I encountered the same error on my Windows 7 machine with Excel 2010. It seems the problem for me was caused by a Skype add-on with Chrome, IE, and Forefox. In cases where either Chrome, IE or Firefox is open, and I’m working in Excel 2010, the error occured. I went into all of the browsers and “disabled” any add-on related to Skype. This solved my problem. I would rather disable the Skype add-on than deal with this annoying issue.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Look in your running processes for the word "clip". For me it was a process called issclipexec.exe, which is Remote Control Clip Monitor related to the company's LANdesk software.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My god, it took me ages to find out which program was using the clipboard. I subsequently shut down all the applications one by one, and I found the bad cop. It was MultiMonitor. It creates a second (and third) taskbar which will be put on extended monitors. Each taskbar display items from that monitor only. Only there is an option to enable the 'Text Clipboard Extender', which I never used so far. Disabling this solved my problem.

Hope it helps

Upvote 0
Disabling the Skype Add-On worked for me too.

Just in case you are unsure how to do this (I was):

1. In Internet Explorer, click on 'Tools' on the top toolbar
2. Select the 'Manage add-ons' option from the menu that appears
3. 'Toolbars and Extensions' should automatically be selected in the left-hand 'Add-on Types' list. If not, click on 'Toolbars and Exensions'
4. Use the right-hand scroll bar to scroll down to 'Skype Technologies SA'
5. Click on 'Skype Click to Call' then click the 'Disable' button on the bottom-right of the window
6. A smaller pop-up will appear asking if you want to disable the add-on. It will also tell you that 'Skype Browser Helper' will also be disabled. Click 'Disable'.
7. Click 'Close' on the bottom of the window.

I then had to re-start my PC to get this to take effect. I no longer get the irritating message! Hooray!!

Upvote 0
the Bing Desktop V1.1 also tries to grab Clipboard information causing this problem. I can't see a way to change that setting within the bar, so I've temporarily disabled it for one of my users

Upvote 0
My god, it took me ages to find out which program was using the clipboard. I subsequently shut down all the applications one by one, and I found the bad cop. It was MultiMonitor. It creates a second (and third) taskbar which will be put on extended monitors. Each taskbar display items from that monitor only. Only there is an option to enable the 'Text Clipboard Extender', which I never used so far. Disabling this solved my problem.

Hope it helps

I signed up just to say thank martinitram that was my issue, I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on and since I spend a great amount of time in excel at work this as saved me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back