Some Cells Appear Blank in Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Some Cells Appear Blank in Spreadsheet within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; This only happens when I'm working with a large spreadsheet of about 10,000 rows and 20 or so columns. When ...

Default Some Cells Appear Blank in Spreadsheet

This only happens when I'm working with a large spreadsheet of about 10,000 rows and 20 or so columns. When I'm scrolling down some cells are blank yet if I click on them, the contents appears in the formula bar. I usually highlight the cells and then you can see their content.

My IT people can't figure it out.

Let me know what you think.

Board Regular

Default Re: Some Cells Appear Blank in Spreadsheet

If the worksheet is protected, then those cells are "hidden". Unprotect the sheet, then right-click on the cell(s) and choose Format Cells. On the Protection tab, un-check "Hidden" and click OK. Re-protect the sheet and you should see the values.

Otherwise, if the font color of the cells set to the same as the background color (white on white)? That should be an easy change.
    Where to upload Excel files so threads don't take 20+ posts to get the correct answer from guessing:

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/
    FileFactory: http://www.filefactory.com/

Also, in your thread or in your signature TELL US WHAT VERSION OF EXCEL YOU'RE USING!!!

I'm using Excel 2007. My solutions will be appropriate for that version unless you tell us otherwise.

Are there any spaces in front of the text? If there are, it would push the text beyond the visible area of the cell, assuming there is additional text in the cell to the right.

but the most likely reason is the white colour text on a white background.
    Getting old is not an achievement, you just have to wait.

Excel 2010 on Win7 at home - 2007 on win7 at work

The font is black. It has nothing to do with color. The sheet was unprotected too. I'll come across a bunch of random cells that are blank and keep scrolling down. When I scroll back up they are back. Even when I discover the blank cells, I can highlight them and then "click" and they come back.

It's really strange. Do you think graphics have anything to do with it?

Can you post screen grab to show this??
    There is no such thing as a stupid question. Anon

But, if you work for me and ask a really stupid question, I will either laugh heartily or you get a really stupid answer

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others