Possible to open Mozilla Firefox with VBA script?

brooksc29

I have a VBA code that will open an instance of Internet Explorer:

Dim ie as object

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

what I'm wondering is, does anyone know if I can use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer? IE is giving me all sorts of issues when opening.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
is there a good way to show you my VBA and see if there's something wrong with it?

Basically what I am trying to do is open IE, sign into a password protected site, and copy/paste tables of data onto a worksheet.

The problem runs into IE entering the username and password and signing in. The code stops at that point and does nothing, even though I have both the u/p in the VBA.

Upvote 0
for the actual tables, that is a web query.

If I recall correctly, if you sign in prior to running the query, you should be good. Or you need to have the query wait 5-10 seconds for your U/P to be authenticated first.

Thus, split the macro into 2, log in with the username and password and then use the onTime function to call the next one in a few seconds to attempt to do the web query.

Also, if you are already signed in, does that cause an issue? Thus, perhaps having your 2nd macro actually sign you out afterward would be prudent, to ensure that if you ran the macro again, it would not cause an issue with already being logged in.

Jc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back