Cannot Delete Or Modify Images

wraa

Hello,

I have a series of excel worksheets that I am using to create a visual aid for my company with several images pasted within the worksheets. I tried printing these worksheets double-sided (didn't work, but that's another issue), and now I am finding that all images in this particular excel workbook are locked.

I cannot select or "right-click" these images and when I hover the cursor over each image, I get a "NO" sign (a circle with a slash through it -- similar to a no smoking sign).

This problem has occurred twice with this document, usually after I try to print the worksheets double-sided or use Page Setup to try to program them for double-sided printing.

My solution thus far has been to use an earlier saved document, which is inconvenient and does not get at the root cause. I am using Excel 2007.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Will

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Solved my own problem. Since this answer doesn't appear in any message boards, I'll publish it here.

Problem: Cannot select, modify, or delete pictures. "No" sign (circle with a slash through it) appears when moving cursor over any picture.

Cause: After preparing your active worksheets for double-sided printing (Page Layout/Sheet Options/"Options..." Button) all of the images become locked.

Solution: Type something into a new worksheet.

I do not know why excel locks these images but it does, and it seems that the only solution (that I know of) is to activate a new worksheet and type something into it. This works, though I still have no idea why any of this happens.

Hope this helps somebody.

Upvote 0
...Hope this helps somebody.

Thank you! It helped me. The spreadsheet was auto-created by a report, so I hadn't physically made the doublesided change - but it was probably there AND your trick resolved. Thank you for posting! :):):)

Upvote 0
Just had this problem.

Cause: you have multiple worksheets selected/Grouped

Solution: Right click on any of the sheets and select "Ungroup"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back