Auto hide rows

This is a discussion on Auto hide rows within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Is there a way to auto hide rows in excel? For example, if the value in column N is blank ...

Default Auto hide rows

Is there a way to auto hide rows in excel? For example, if the value in column N is blank the row would automatically be hidden.

If not, can you have multiple ranges of cells sorted automatically in decending order?

Thanks

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Auto hide rows

You can use a change event to automatically hide rows when something happens, as well as sorting, but it might be easier to just use Auto Filter.

What happens that causes a row go be blank? Manual deletion or formula? And what is the trigger for sorting?
    Smitty

Every once in a while, there's a sudden gust of gravity...

Check out my new book at the Mr. Excel Bookstore!

Mr. Excel HTML Maker - Post a shot of your sheet

We are using formulas to populate a financial model that reports hours worked. Each month we will update the source data that will update the hours worked for each task of the project. I would like to hide all rows that have a blank field for hours in each task. Since there are several tasks in the project, I don't think the auto filter will work since there is task headers that can not be hidden.

MrExcel MVP

I suppose that depends on where your task headers are. If they're repeating throughout the workbook then you're probably right. You could use a calculate event, but that can be very time consuming and take up overhead, so would it be ok with a button click?

You might want to post a shot of what you've got so that we have a better idea of how to set something up for you. Check the link beneath my sig for how to do it.
    Smitty

Every once in a while, there's a sudden gust of gravity...

Check out my new book at the Mr. Excel Bookstore!

Mr. Excel HTML Maker - Post a shot of your sheet

My company settings don't allow me to download anything. The task headers repeat throughout the workbook. A button click would be ok. Can I send the workbook to you by email?

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others