Recording a Macro for conditional formatting in Excel 2010

kc_native

Board Regular
Hi folks, I have an existing macro that I wrote in Excel 2003, that contains various lines of code for conditional formating of cells within a worksheet. I have switched over to Excel 2010 (required by our company), and the macro runs fine, but some of the conditional formatting is not working as before. I went in to record a macro to "tweak" the code to correct the mis-match, and when I was finished, I had hundreds of lines of code for conditional formatting that had nothing to do with the cell that I was formatting in the record mode. It looks like it recorded code for every cell in the sheet that had conditional formatting already applied to it.

Can anyone explain why this happens? Should I re-do all of my conditional formatting code that I created in Excel 2003, as it appears the way 2010 handles conditional formatting is much different than the '03 version?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back