Autofilter Shows but is turned off

TukaranXL

Hi everyone.

Been viewing the MrExcel boards for some time now and have always been able to find an answer to what I'm looking for but this time I'm completely stumped. I've searched the forum and googled it but can not find an answer or anyone else experiencing the same problem.

Using Excel 2003 (SP2) and Windows XP (SP3)

I have a spreadsheet with data in A1:DK15208. The sheet has panes frozen at E13 and an autofilter on the whole of row 12 (A:DK). This spreadsheet is used as a template which is populated with data from other sources via VBA and produces an output report. A while ago I ran one of the reports but when I opened it up the autofilters did not appear to be working although the drop down arrows were being displayed. I went into the template and the same thing was happening - the autofilter drop down arrows are all showing on row 12 but none of them work and in Data>Filter the Autofilter option is available. If I select row 12 then turn autofilter on then it works fine, but when I turn it off again the drop down arrows are still there. If I select another region (say row 10) and put the filter on then another set of autofilter arrows appear and BOTH the autofilters start working.

This is affecting all the autofilters on each sheet in the workbook so I'm thinking it's maybe a global setting/issue somewhere?

If I select row 12 and turn autofilter on then save the file, the next time I open it the filter arrows are still showing but have stopped working and the autofilter option is unticked again.

This has also happened on a number of other spreadsheets we use and I have gone through all the code (workbook, sheet and module) and there is nothing I can see which would cause this behaviour. I wrote the code myself and the file is read-only so no-one else could have messed with the file. I tried copying the sheets to a new workbook but the problem persists.

Any ideas on what is causing this or how I can stop it?

Thanks in advance!!

Is there a public folder/attachment area of these boards or would I need to upload it to some personal webspace and provide a link? If it's the latter I don't think I can do it from here as internet access is limited - although I could send it home and upload it later this evening.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi
I have the same issue.... I stripped the workbook of password, links, any vba, etc... i.e. its a stand alone workbook.... I can not find how this has happened... its just wierd... :)

Upvote 0
If you go to the Name box to the left of the Formula Bar, type:

Sheet1!_FilterDatabase

and press Enter, is the selected range the AutoFilter range that you would expect? You will need to change the worksheet reference if the AutoFilter isn't on Sheet1.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back