Line Graph: Multiple Lines

This is a discussion on Line Graph: Multiple Lines within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Im looking to create a line graph to show three sets of data each on a seperate line. The first ...

Board Regular

Default Line Graph: Multiple Lines

Im looking to create a line graph to show three sets of data each on a seperate line.

The first two data types are numbers and the third is a percentage.

How can I get the data to show correctly on one chart? Im not interested in the values of each point im only interested on how the line changes.

Heres what I currently have but the percentage line sits at the bottom. Is my only option to have a seperate chart for the percentage?

Default Re: Line Graph: Multiple Lines

No you don't need a separate chart for that. Right-click on the percentage series, and from the context menu, when you select Format Data Series.. you will get an option to switch the series to a secondary axis.

Default Re: Line Graph: Multiple Lines

Quote Originally Posted by mouse88 View Post
    Im looking to create a line graph to show three sets of data each on a seperate line.

The first two data types are numbers and the third is a percentage.

How can I get the data to show correctly on one chart? Im not interested in the values of each point im only interested on how the line changes.

Heres what I currently have but the percentage line sits at the bottom. Is my only option to have a seperate chart for the percentage?
    It's possible to attach your second dataset to a secondary axis. If you select it in the graph, and right click, you ought to be able to achieve this from the menu which appears. Select 'format data series' and there should be 2 radio buttons for primary axis and secondary axis.
    Last edited by Weaver; Jul 16th, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
    If the above suggestion contains vb code and you're not sure about using macros,check the following links (which in no way should be interpreted as being specific to your individual query):

http://www.mrexcel.com/articles/past...o-into-vbe.php

You can find help with array formulas here:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/arrayformulas.aspx

If you really want to learn Excel, don't always accept the first solution.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others