VBA Error - Class Not Registered

Dave Punky

Board Regular
Hi All,

I'm hoping somebody on here can help me with this as Google has not been very useful at all in trying to solve this.

I'm currently running Windows 7 (Ultimate, 32-bit) along with MS Office 2007 Enterprise and I'm trying to use the ListView functions or the DTPicker. I've enabled MS DAO objects in references but whenever I try to use the custom function to make changes I get this error:

error.jpg

I've only just reimaged my machine along with reinstalling Office, although I was having this problem before. It happens with any additional functions I try to add in, but mainly when I try to access custom functions.

Has anybody else experienced this error or more notably does anybody know how to fix this?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi Andrew,

Yeah that was one of the first things I saw, however there are several stumbling blocks when it comes to that.

First of all my Office disc does not have an \OS\System folder or even a Visual Basic directory, and also my system appears to not have Msstkprp.dll (mainly due to the fact I can't copy it).

I've tried downloading a couple of versions of the dll listed with no effect, trying to follow the steps on that KB article.

Upvote 0
On my Windows 7 machine Msstkprp.dll is in C:\Windows\System32. I don't have Visual Basic so it must come with Windows.

Upvote 0
The two controls you mention are part of the windows common controls libraries, not DAO. Do you have a reference set to the Microsoft Windows Common Controls library?

Upvote 0
Hi rorya,

I do have a reference to Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) checked linking to system32\mscomctl.ocx - I've registered it via command prompt using regsvr32 aswell but whenever I go to access the custom section for additional controls I just get the error above.

I'm sure there must be something I'm missing, just trying to work out what it is really.

Upvote 0
Well the missing dll must be the issue but I'm not sure why you don't have it - I have it on my work (WinXP) machine that has never had a copy of VB near it, so it really ought to be present on your machine, though I'm not sure if it's part of Windows or Office.
Did you do a full install of Office?

Upvote 0
Hi rorya,

I do have a reference to Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) checked linking to system32\mscomctl.ocx - I've registered it via command prompt using regsvr32 aswell but whenever I go to access the custom section for additional controls I just get the error above.

I'm sure there must be something I'm missing, just trying to work out what it is really.

Are you using the controls in a userform ?

I too have a problem with all additional controls as the VB Editor doesn't show them so I can't add them to my userforms. I reinstalled Office and registered all the OCXs but they are still not available. I am also using Windows 7 (Ultimate, 32-bit) along with MS Office 2007.

Upvote 0
@ rorya

I've had no problems on any XP machines I have used while utilizing these controls, it only seems to be this Win 7 machine.

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate and MS Office 2007 Enterprise yesterday before coming on here. It was happening to me before I reinstalled as well which is why I thought it best to try that first.

@ Jaafar Tribak

Yes it is in userforms mainly, it's Listview I primarily want as it's pulling information from a database for me - it sounds like we have the same problem through.

Upvote 0
Did you reformat the HDD before reinstalling Windows?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back