Auto Reapply Filter Excel 2007

This is a discussion on Auto Reapply Filter Excel 2007 within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a spreadsheet that pulls information from our SQL server every time the excel file is opened. From there ...

Default Auto Reapply Filter Excel 2007

I have a spreadsheet that pulls information from our SQL server every time the excel file is opened. From there I have have 4 Worksheets with tables of information. These tables all have filters and sorts applied to them. With Excel 2007, I am able to click the "reapply" button, and it resorts my data....however, this has to be done on each worksheet.

Is there a simple way to do this automatically? Perhaps with some VB script?

I have tried to find a solution on the web for my problem here, and haven't gotten any success. I'm not very strong in VB, but I am capable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Default Re: Auto Reapply Filter Excel 2007

Can anyone shed some light on this? It should be something very straight forward in Excel. I doubt I'm the only person that would utilize this feature.

Thanks.

Red face Re: Auto Reapply Filter Excel 2007

LOL....looks like I discovered the solution to my own issue. I guess it's better to solve these problems on our own.

Nonetheless, if anyone encounters this problem in the future....below is the solution that worked for me. The Autofilter will reapply every time that worksheet is activated.

Private Sub Worksheet_activate()
    '
    ' Reapply Autofilter Macro
    '
    ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.ApplyFilter
    With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Binders").AutoFilter.Sort
    .Header = xlYes
    .MatchCase = False
    .Orientation = xlTopToBottom
    .SortMethod = xlPinYin
    .Apply
    End With