Copy and Paste Check Boxes

This is a discussion on Copy and Paste Check Boxes within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Using Excel 2010. In cell I8, I have a check box. Using format control I linked the check box to ...

Board Regular

Talking Copy and Paste Check Boxes

Using Excel 2010.

In cell I8, I have a check box. Using format control I linked the check box to cell P8. If cell I8 is checked, P8 returns TRUE. If cell I8 is not checked, P8 returns FALSE. I need to copy and paste the check boxes down to dozens of cells. However, when I copy and paste down, the cell link does not change. In the end, I need to count all of the TRUE's in column P for a total number of checked boxes. Despite removing the $ signs in the format control cell link box in I8, the check boxes remain linked to P8. If correct, when copy and pasted down, the link in the format control box in P9 should be I9. For P10, it should be I10, and so on. I tried to click the right corner to autofill, but the formulas didn't change that way either.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Default Re: Copy and Paste Check Boxes

Have a look at:
    Creating Checkboxes
    Regards, Warship
    Excel 2007 | 2010 on XP | Vista | 7 | 8.1

We learn by teaching... Please complete the learning curve with feedback.

GET LOST! Support Search & Rescue.

Frustration is due to lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge is due to frustration. Relax.
    Quandary: How is it that the Calendar is moving so fast when the Clock is moving so slow?

ALWAYS USE A COPY OF YOUR FILE WHEN TESTING CODE !

Default Re: Copy and Paste Check Boxes

Not sure if you can do this without code. If you are allowed to use VBA then you could easily do this(for example) via some code assigned to a button.
    Office/Excel 2007 Win XP

Common sense is not so common.

http://photo-larache.blogspot.com/

Board Regular

Talking Re: Copy and Paste Check Boxes

Thanks. I am very novice at code. I was hoping for a non code solution. I appreciate your post. Kenny

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others