Filter rows with Highlighted cells

This is a discussion on Filter rows with Highlighted cells within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'm new to the forums but have worked in VBA for a few months now I'm trying to figure out ...

Question Filter rows with Highlighted cells

I'm new to the forums but have worked in VBA for a few months now

I'm trying to figure out how to create a filter that will start at row 5 and will look for any rows that contain cells that are highlighted yellow and then only display those rows...

Wanted to get a feel to know if this is do-able...

Default Re: Filter rows with Highlighted cells

Is there no way to "find" highlighted cells using VBA?

Board Regular

Hello

What version of Excel are you running?

In Excel 2007 & 2010 for instance, filtering on a color is built-in, unlike Excel 2003 and previous versions.
    Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.be ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Unfortunately, I need this code to work in Excel 2003. I should have specified that in my opening post....

Board Regular

In Excel 2003, you also use Find to look for specific formatting.

You could use that, mark the cells have a particular formatting, and then hide the other rows (for instance, use a helper column to put a 1, and the cells that remain are the blank cells and should be hidden).

Obviously, the formatting should be consistent (the same kind of yellow everywhere), if not you're even complicating without reason.
    Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.be ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others