Automatically copy a column from one sheet to another

This is a discussion on Automatically copy a column from one sheet to another within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; How do I automatically move a column from one sheet to another in the same workbook? Rather than copy and ...

Default Automatically copy a column from one sheet to another

How do I automatically move a column from one sheet to another in the same workbook? Rather than copy and paste.

Board Regular

Try Cut & Edit / Insert cut cells.

To automate this you'll need to provide more info about fom where, to where,, etc, etc.

HTH
    BigC
    Using Excel 2007 / 2010

Default Re: Automatically copy a column from one sheet to another

I'll have 7 sheets in this workbook. Each of the first 6 sheets will have a column with 100 values in it (B1-B100). As these six sheets are created, I'd like the column of 100 values from each sheet to automatically write to sheet 7. Sheet 7 then would have 6 columns, each 100 cells long. Place these columns as follows: the column from sheet 1 goes to sheet 7, cells A2-A101; the column from sheet 2 goes to sheet 7, cells B2-B101; the column from sheet 3 goes to sheet 7, cells C2-C101; the column from sheet 4 goes to sheet 7, cells D2-D101; the column from sheet 5 goes to sheet 7, cells E2-E101; and the column from sheet 6 goes to sheet 7, cells E2-E101.

I then will need to take these 6 columns of numbers (100 rows of numbers in all) and filter out any duplicate rows (I only want unique rows of numbers) I think I know how to do this filter, just don't know how to have each of the columns that are built on sheets 1-6 to automatically move to sheet 7 without manually cutting and pasteing.

Board Regular

As the allignment of columns & cells in each of sheets 1-6 with the column in sheet 7 is consistent, why not just use formulae to reflect the values from each sheet in sheet 7?

That is:
    in Sheet7!A2 enter Sheet1!A2
    in Sheet7!B2 enter Sheet2!A2
    in Sheet7!C2 enter Sheet3!A2
    in Sheet7!D2 enter Sheet4!A2
    in Sheet7!E2 enter Sheet5!A2
    in Sheet7!F2 enter Sheet6!A2
    Then copy that range Sheet7!A2:F2 down to A101:F101 provide the table of values required.

In this way, whenever values are entered in Sheets1-6, the values wil be automatically reflected in sheet 7.

HTH
    BigC
    Using Excel 2007 / 2010

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others