Unable to Right click for Format Cells, Insert or delete

lhuffhines

Just recently My Excel 2010 has decided to not let me right click to format cells, delete or insert rows. I can do these functions from the ribbon, but not via right click. this happens in both existing spreadsheets where I am the author, or even a brand new spreadsheet like in the image below. we have restarted the computer, Uninstall and reinstalled Office and still get same symptoms. I got here thru google but cannot find an answer anywhere.

I am very computer literate and even our IT personnel have looked at this with no answer. any help is appreciated. as you can see in the image, these options are greyed out.

Running Office standard 2010, Windows 7 pro x64

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Welcome to the forum,

I am sure you have tried this, but here goes.

Have you created a workbook which gives you the issue and then save and pass onto another PC with the same version and then see if that machine does the same when they open the workbook.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum,

I am sure you have tried this, but here goes.

Have you created a workbook which gives you the issue and then save and pass onto another PC with the same version and then see if that machine does the same when they open the workbook.

yes. it worked for them

Upvote 0
Compare all the settings from the File Tab (Backstage) and options to see if they match, if still not working then it maybe a windows issue rather than just install microsoft issue.

Upvote 0
We hunted thru all the options on the File tab and nothing about the menu's onthe mouse click. nothing about protection on the workbook.

Upvote 0
Its a sad thing to say but it sounds like a window issue, so rather than search for missing registry data it might be easier to wipe the pc and re-install windows then Microsoft.

Upvote 0
I realize this is an old post....but in case anyone has this issue and has Essbase installed....

I went to the options menu in Essbase, clicked on the Global tab, and selected 'Limit to Connected Sheets' n the 'Mouse Actions' options. That seemed to work for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back