how remove (delete) VBA Project

This is a discussion on how remove (delete) VBA Project within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; My personal.xls file is in my XL start up file so that is what I first see when I go ...

Default how remove (delete) VBA Project

My personal.xls file is in my XL start up file so that is what I first see when I go to use excel. I entered some data on the personal.xls spreadsheet which I'll call "stock data" By mistake I saved this file without transferring it to a regular Excel workbook as I usually do. Now "stock data" always opens along with a blank personal.xls sheet. This occurs even when I remove the "stock data" file from the XL start up folder.

The VBA Project Explorer now lists 2 projects, i.e. personal.xls and stock data.xls. How can I delete or remove this stock data project? The remove option is greyed out when I highlight the project or the page or the workbook shown under the project.

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: how remove (delete) VBA Project

Personal.xls is a hidden workbook. You can unhide it by selecting Window | Unhide. Once visible, you can delete the contents of the worksheets, save and re-hide the workbook.
    That should hopefully solve the problem.

Denis

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others