automatically copy cells from one sheet to another sheet using a macro

This is a discussion on automatically copy cells from one sheet to another sheet using a macro within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'm looking for an excel macro that can copy rows from one sheet to another within excel based upon having ...

Smile automatically copy cells from one sheet to another sheet using a macro

I'm looking for an excel macro that can copy rows from one sheet to another within excel based upon having a specific word in the cell. I have one sheet called master and sheet two called feedback. Here is an example of the data:

ABCD
    marybob56reply soon
    samjohn26keep in touch
    sylviapan15response needed

I'd like to copy the rows sheet "master" to sheet "feedback" if the data in column D contains either the word reply or the word response somewhere within the paragraph. Additionally I would like to be able to fill in columns E and F in sheet "feedback" once the data has been copied.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    hrhr
    Last edited by hrhr; Feb 16th, 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Board Regular

Default Re: automatically copy cells from one sheet to another sheet using a macro

Quote Originally Posted by hrhr View Post
    I'm looking for an excel macro that can copy rows from one sheet to another within excel based upon having a specific word in the cell. I have one sheet called master and sheet two called feedback. Here is an example of the data:

ABCD
    marybob56reply soon
    samjohn26keep in touch
    sylviapan15response needed

I'd like to copy the rows sheet "master" to sheet "feedback" if the data in column D contains either the word reply or the word response somewhere within the paragraph. Additionally I would like to be able to fill in columns E and F in sheet "feedback" once the data has been copied.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    hrhr

Does this help?

Code:
    Sub hrhr()
    '
    Dim lr As Long

Sheets("Master").Activate

lr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

With Range("D2:D" & lr)

.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*reply*"
            .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Feedback").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
            .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*response*"
            .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Feedback").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)

End With

ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = False

End Sub