Month and Year Tenure Calculation

This is a discussion on Month and Year Tenure Calculation within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a spreadsheet of every employee in our office. There is a column with the month and year they ...

Default Month and Year Tenure Calculation

I have a spreadsheet of every employee in our office. There is a column with the month and year they started working here. It appears as a date in the format of month-year such as Mar-98. The next two columns are where I need formulas to calculate the number of years that employee has worked in our office and in the next column and the number of months that employee has worked in our office. Can you please help? [/img]

Default Re: Month and Year Tenure Calculation

=DATEDIF(HireDate,TODAY(),"Y")

=DATEDIF(HireDate,TODAY(),"YM")

still having a problem. here is an example.

say tom jones was hired on april 1, 1998. if today is 23 sept, 2003, mr. jones has worked a total of 5 years, and almost 6 months. so, i need the total time broken down into 2 columns. the 5 years going in one column, the almost 6 months going in another. i replaced "hire date" and "today" with each cell and i am now getting the #ref! error.

any suggestions?

thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by cmartinez
    still having a problem. here is an example.

say tom jones was hired on april 1, 1998. if today is 23 sept, 2003, mr. jones has worked a total of 5 years, and almost 6 months. so, i need the total time broken down into 2 columns. the 5 years going in one column, the almost 6 months going in another. i replaced "hire date" and "today" with each cell and i am now getting the #ref! error.

any suggestions?

thanks for your help.
    ******** ******************** ************************************************************************>
    Microsoft Excel - Book3___Running: xl2000 : OS = Windows Windows 2000
    (F)ile (E)dit (V)iew (I)nsert (O)ptions (T)ools (D)ata (W)indow (H)elp (A)bout
    =

A
    B
    C
    D
    4/1/199855*
    Sheet1*

[HtmlMaker 2.32] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.

that did the trick!!!

thank you so much for your help.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others