Month and Year Tenure Calculation

cmartinez

I have a spreadsheet of every employee in our office. There is a column with the month and year they started working here. It appears as a date in the format of month-year such as Mar-98. The next two columns are where I need formulas to calculate the number of years that employee has worked in our office and in the next column and the number of months that employee has worked in our office. Can you please help? [/img]

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
still having a problem. here is an example.

say tom jones was hired on april 1, 1998. if today is 23 sept, 2003, mr. jones has worked a total of 5 years, and almost 6 months. so, i need the total time broken down into 2 columns. the 5 years going in one column, the almost 6 months going in another. i replaced "hire date" and "today" with each cell and i am now getting the #ref! error.

any suggestions?

thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
cmartinez said:
still having a problem. here is an example.

say tom jones was hired on april 1, 1998. if today is 23 sept, 2003, mr. jones has worked a total of 5 years, and almost 6 months. so, i need the total time broken down into 2 columns. the 5 years going in one column, the almost 6 months going in another. i replaced "hire date" and "today" with each cell and i am now getting the #ref! error.

any suggestions?

thanks for your help.
Book3
ABCD
24/1/199855
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back