Pivot Table data source reference is not valid

vbooth

Hi All,
I have been using excel 2010 for about a year now and in the past I was able to create a pivot table with out saving the workbook first. Now in the last couple of days I can no longer insert a pivot table with out getting the error message "data source reference is not valid."

Does anyone have a fix for this, and /or know the root cause?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Thank you Robert, that does help and gets me to thinking about the situation in the correct frame of mind. It is not an excel issue, but one that is more of a Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 issue.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Your assumption is correct that my raw data is being delivered via an internet app, specifically Business Objects.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
For reference here is what happened. I was using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9, but because Business Objects was being upgraded from version 2x to 3x I had uninstall ie9 and revert back to ie8 because of compatibility issues with the Business Objects app and that is when I started receiving the data source reference is not valid message.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I guess my next course of action will be to investigate the ie8 security options and the different settings to see if there is any other way around this.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I appreciate the help.<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back