Excel 2007 Copy Paste problem

peejay

Board Regular
Hi
I've started experiencing a strange problem with XL2007 when I try to do a Copy/Paste - it seems to only allow pasting of Text/Unicode text rather than the regular paste options.

When I do the copy (whether copy via right click, Ctl+C or copy button), the regular flashing dotted outline (indicating a region has been copied) flashes briefly but then disappears. Whatever is causing this seems to be the problem.

This is happening even when I create a file from scratch using the standard Excel book template (from the File | New command), and do the copy withinthe same model/sheet.

It's as if XL thinks I have multiple instances open and I'm trying to copy across instances.

I've shut XL down, created the file from scratch, but to no avail.

I Googled this problem earlier, and the solution suggested was to stop something in Skype from running. I've done this and it worked before, but the problem's back again so it probably wasn't that.

Does anyone have any clues on how to fix this pls?

Thx, PJ

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Thanks Domski

After posting my question, I rechecked my Excel and noticed the Skype 'click to call' icon appearing in the menu bar again (this was the Skype thingy I couldn't remember). I thought I'd disabled it but apparently not.

Your link takes me to an article also outlining this issue being linked to Click to Call.

I uninstalled the Click to Call and the problem seems to now be solved. Whilst not a big Skype user, I'll reconsider loading C2C once the bug is truly sorted.

Many thanks for your time spent responding.

Cheers.
PJ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back