“invert if negative” bug in Excel 2010 pivot charts

swedish_user

I was happy to see that the “invert if negative” with a possibility to select the negative value color was back in the charts of Excel 2010.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
However, there seems to be a problem when using “invert if negative” with defined colors in a pivot chart. <o:p></o:p>
I have a pivot chart where I have inverted the colors and set them to be red if values are negative.<o:p></o:p>
This works fine. But when I re-open my workbook (saved when closed) the inverted colors (red) are gone and the color is set back to default white.<o:p></o:p>
Is this a bug in pivot charts in Excel 2010?<o:p></o:p>
Is it possible to write a macro that add inverted (red) colors if the values are negative? I have tried to record one, but it doesn’t work… and I am not that skilled in VBA,<o:p></o:p>
Thanx for any help<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hey Mate,

I am experiencing a very similar issue.

I am happy to work around it when I need to close or open a workbook but I have found if you attempt to copy/paste image it pastes in white instead of colour 2...

Would love for someone to come up with a solution, otherwise:

I feel your pain bro

-Kieran

Upvote 0
I was happy to see that the “invert if negative” with a possibility to select the negative value color was back in the charts of Excel 2010.<o:p></o:p>
However, there seems to be a problem when using “invert if negative” with defined colors in a pivot chart. <o:p></o:p>
I have a pivot chart where I have inverted the colors and set them to be red if values are negative.<o:p></o:p>
This works fine. But when I re-open my workbook (saved when closed) the inverted colors (red) are gone and the color is set back to default white.<o:p></o:p>
Is it possible to write a macro that add inverted (red) colors if the values are negative? I have tried to record one, but it doesn’t work… and I am not that skilled in VBA,<o:p></o:p>

I found this thread after agonizing over the same problem myself. After seeing that no solution was forthcoming, I set out to find one on my own and came up with this aesthetically appalling workaround. I was using the Solid Fill option to format my series. I found that if I switched to Pattern Fill and selected the 90% fill option, I was able to set green for positive and red for negative and have it stick after closing the thing and reopening it. Sure, my chart may look like it's coming from Windows 95 in Safe Mode, but at least those bad numbers are red!

Upvote 0
It is a bug, the way I would solve it is creating a regular table right next to the pivot table that your chart sources from, then create a regular chart instead of a pivot-chart.
</SPAN>

Upvote 0
try this

Invert if Negative in Excel 2007 - Peltier Tech Blog

I was happy to see that the “invert if negative” with a possibility to select the negative value color was back in the charts of Excel 2010.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back