Copy/Paste System Error

BenMiller

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I use Office 2003 at work. I recently downloaded the trial Office Professional 2010 Suite. It messed around with my Outlook, so I uninstalled the entire 2101 trial suite and rebooted my system (I'm running XP).
Now, every time I try to copy a cell in Excel (text is fine - this only happens when copying cells), the system will pop up an error message: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error
If I click OK six times (each time it displays the same error message), it will work; and I get the same reaction when trying to paste the cell.
The same problem happens when I try to open a new document, close the program, etc.
If I click Help, it says Visual Basic encountered an error that was generated by the system or an external component.
Anyone else ever experience something like this?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
There's some write-up in MSKB regarding this error. It refers to userform with some specific control. Are you using this control?

Upvote 0
I don't think so ... I'm afraid I don't know much about VBA!

Upvote 0
So this problem is for all open Excel files (with or without macros)? I have personally never encountered this error. Have you tried / considered re-installing office (as sometimes it is too much to dig into the specifics of a problem / error)?

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's on everything. It's probably Office being screwed up because of the upgrade and uninstallation. I'll try to reinstall Office. Thanks!

Upvote 0
My mistake: It's only happening when I open a certain document. After that, it affects all other documents as well.

Upvote 0
OK. Does this 'specific' document contain Macros [more specifically a userform]?

Upvote 0
No, at least not to my knowledge. What I ended up doing was opening two instances of Excel, then manually copied/pasted (ignoring the error message) from the old doc into a fresh doc in a new instance. Renamed the tabs, etc. and saved as the same location/filename as the old one. Everything's good now!

Upvote 0
Much better than re-installing Excel. Good job.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back