Vlookup to return zero if zero is found, blank if no value or lookup value isn't found

This is a discussion on Vlookup to return zero if zero is found, blank if no value or lookup value isn't found within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi all, I have reviewed several threads on vlookups, and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. Lookup ...

Default Vlookup to return zero if zero is found, blank if no value or lookup value isn't found

Hi all, I have reviewed several threads on vlookups, and can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

Lookup sheet contains data as follows:
    0301010 10%
    0301007 0%

Sheet 2 where I am performing the lookup contains data as follows:

I need to return as follows on Sheet 2:
    0301010 10
    0301007 0

I need to return blanks where a value is not found in the vlookup or where a blank value is found, but return a zero if a zero value is found. I have tried using the ISNA, ISERROR, and various others solutions from other vlookup threads and cannot figure out how to get this to work. Any help is appreciated.

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Vlookup to return zero if zero is found, blank if no value or lookup value isn't found

Welcome to MrExcel.

If the lookup table is in Sheet1 try:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1),IF(ISNUMBER(INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)*100,""),"")
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

Default Re: Vlookup to return zero if zero is found, blank if no value or lookup value isn't found

Thank you so much, Mr Poulsom! Worked wonderfully. I appreciate the quick response as well as the solution. You guys rock!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others