Macro to find new rows and insert them into another sheet

This is a discussion on Macro to find new rows and insert them into another sheet within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi guys, I need a macro which will work with 2 Tables (Excel 2010). The first table contains different columns ...

Default Macro to find new rows and insert them into another sheet

Hi guys,

I need a macro which will work with 2 Tables (Excel 2010).
    The first table contains different columns and 2 ID columns which I need to insert into the second table if these values dont exist in the second one.
    I want to create a mapping for these distinct values so I thought having a second table would be the best idea, especially considering that the first table will be changed every few days and me not wanting that to affect my mapping table.

I have come up with this (my vba knowledge is limited):

Code:
    Sub addNew()

Dim i As Long
       Dim k As Long
       Dim l As Long
       Dim boo As Boolean

Sheets("Increments_Status").Select

'k has to be a vriable starting position
       'k = Range("Increment ID").Rows.Count
       k = 0
       l = 0

Sheets("Increments").Select

' variable doesnt work atm
       For i = 1 To 1000
       'Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

'If Worksheets("Increments").Cells(j + 1, 2).Value = Worksheets("Increments_Status").Cells(l + 1, 2).Value Then

If boo = True Then
                k = k + 1
                Worksheets("Increments_Status").Cells(k + 1, 1).Value = Worksheets("Increments").Cells(i + 1, 1).Value
                Worksheets("Increments_Status").Cells(k + 1, 2).Value = Worksheets("Increments").Cells(i + 1, 24).Value
            End If

Next i
       Sheets("Increments_Status").Select
       ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$B$1000").RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(1, 2), _
            Header:=xlYes

End Sub
    atm it does copy all values of my first table into the second one and deletes all duplicates.
    2 things I did not manage to solve until now:
    - I could not set the starting positions to be a variable accoriding to the first empty row in my mapping table and the last filled row in my first table.
    - more importantly: atm it copies all distinctive values, but i want to check if the value exists in my mapping table and if thats the case to do nothing. / i only want new combinations of IDs in my mapping.

Help will be appreciated.

Default Re: Macro to find new rows and insert them into another sheet

so maybe I am dumb, but I wasnt able to make it run.

I know that I need two loops, one to loop through the first table and another one to loop through the mapping checking for existence.

you also need to know, that I am working with 2 sheets.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others