Series Data Does Not Align with Axis - Excel 2007 Graph

This is a discussion on Series Data Does Not Align with Axis - Excel 2007 Graph within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; My chart axis includes dates from 8/1/12 to current, right to left. My data is chartiing for all dates, but ...

Default Series Data Does Not Align with Axis - Excel 2007 Graph

My chart axis includes dates from 8/1/12 to current, right to left. My data is chartiing for all dates, but it is not aligned with the dates on the axis; i.e. my data for 8/1 is aligned to the 8/22 date. I have checked and rechecked all the data references, and all seem to be ok. Any ideas?

Board Regular

Default Re: Series Data Does Not Align with Axis - Excel 2007 Graph

Hi CVincent,

Perhaps you have your Legend Entries (series) and your Horizontal (Categories) Axis Labels found in your Select Data dialog box of the Chart/Graph.

Here i have replicated a chart that the categories and labels are off and where they are different in the Select Data.

Please let me know if this helps.

Steve=True

I will need to look at this some more tomorrow, but my first thought is that the graph works fine when I plot from 7/1 to current, but when I want to change the graph to plot just the last 60 days, it becomes misaligned.

I'm sorry, but this is a bit over my head. The dates on the axis are correct, and one data series is correct. But the two other data series are not. The last plotted data for the two (for 8/1) is aligned 8/22. This is a double axes chart. The two that won't plot correctly are connected to the axis on the right, while the one plotted correctly is connected to the axis on the left.
    I want to create a macro that shows "all" or "last 60 days", but can't get the last 60 days to work correctly.

I was just able to fix it! Horray! I needed to go to the ribbon and select the layout option, axes, and change the axis options minimum to "auto". I had "fixed". Thank you so much for your assistance! Have a great day.