Series Data Does Not Align with Axis - Excel 2007 Graph

cvincent

Board Regular
My chart axis includes dates from 8/1/12 to current, right to left. My data is chartiing for all dates, but it is not aligned with the dates on the axis; i.e. my data for 8/1 is aligned to the 8/22 date. I have checked and rechecked all the data references, and all seem to be ok. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi CVincent,

Perhaps you have your Legend Entries (series) and your Horizontal (Categories) Axis Labels found in your Select Data dialog box of the Chart/Graph.

Here i have replicated a chart that the categories and labels are off and where they are different in the Select Data.

ChartNotAlignedWithXAxis1.png

ChartNotAlignedWithXAxis.png

Please let me know if this helps.

Steve=True

Upvote 0
I will need to look at this some more tomorrow, but my first thought is that the graph works fine when I plot from 7/1 to current, but when I want to change the graph to plot just the last 60 days, it becomes misaligned.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but this is a bit over my head. The dates on the axis are correct, and one data series is correct. But the two other data series are not. The last plotted data for the two (for 8/1) is aligned 8/22. This is a double axes chart. The two that won't plot correctly are connected to the axis on the right, while the one plotted correctly is connected to the axis on the left.
I want to create a macro that shows "all" or "last 60 days", but can't get the last 60 days to work correctly.

Upvote 0
I was just able to fix it! Horray! I needed to go to the ribbon and select the layout option, axes, and change the axis options minimum to "auto". I had "fixed". Thank you so much for your assistance! Have a great day.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back