Averaging These Rankings?

This is a discussion on Averaging These Rankings? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hey guys, glad I found this resource. I'm currently working on an assignment where I have 2 lists, each ranking ...

Default Averaging These Rankings?

Hey guys, glad I found this resource. I'm currently working on an assignment where I have 2 lists, each ranking websites based on traffic. The first list is very basic has two columns: ranking and domain name. The second is the same, but with slightly different rankings and a few domain names that are hidden. I'm trying to figure out a way to average the rankings so that it culminates into one coherent list. Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Default Re: Averaging These Rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Hey guys, glad I found this resource. I'm currently working on an assignment where I have 2 lists, each ranking websites based on traffic. The first list is very basic has two columns: ranking and domain name. The second is the same, but with slightly different rankings and a few domain names that are hidden. I'm trying to figure out a way to average the rankings so that it culminates into one coherent list. Any suggestions on how to approach this?
    Hello and welcome to MrExcel.
    Woudl you mind to show your data?
    Please se below how to do it.
    - Read the Posting Guidelines, Forum Rules & FAQs
    - Want to post a small screen shot? Try one of these Excel jeanie, MrExcel HTML Maker or Borders-Copy-Paste
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags .

Default Re: Averaging These Rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mika View Post
    Hello and welcome to MrExcel.
    Woudl you mind to show your data?
    Please se below how to do it.
    Hi! Here's a screenshot below of what I mean: I want to combine/average the rankings and the domain to get one master list:

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others