Creating a formula to add cells from multiple sheets

TVaughan

I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets and have been trying to create a graph using info from multiple sheets. I have not been able to get this to work correctly. Can someone give me an idea of what character(s) I should be using to allow the addition of these cells from multiple sheets to the graphing wizard?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I have a feeling (hesitantly) that you might be able to use named ranges (which can be across multiple sheets) to generate charts - worth a go!

Upvote 0
ok, can you do this as well with a formula - not in reference to graphs? ie... total all of the "total expenses" from multiple worksheets?

Upvote 0
cpenaloza said:
ok, can you do this as well with a formula - not in reference to graphs? ie... total all of the "total expenses" from multiple worksheets?

You should have started your own thread for your question is sufficiently different. In which cell is this "total expenses" in each worksheet?

Upvote 0
You should have started your own thread for your question is sufficiently different. In which cell is this "total expenses" in each worksheet?

Sorry about that.. I am new to this... :(

Say I have 13 worksheets, jan - dec and YTD.. all with the same format (columns and rows) The total expenses would be in C7

Does that help?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
cpenaloza said:

Sorry about that.. I am new to this... :(

Say I have 13 worksheets, jan - dec and YTD.. all with the same format (columns and rows) The total expenses would be in C7

Does that help?

Thanks!

Insert two new sheets, name them First and Last, put all 13 sheets in between First and Last, then use the 3d Sum formula:

=SUM(First:Last!C7)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fyfe54

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back