Creating a formula to add cells from multiple sheets

This is a discussion on Creating a formula to add cells from multiple sheets within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets and have been trying to create a graph using info from multiple sheets. ...

Default Creating a formula to add cells from multiple sheets

I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets and have been trying to create a graph using info from multiple sheets. I have not been able to get this to work correctly. Can someone give me an idea of what character(s) I should be using to allow the addition of these cells from multiple sheets to the graphing wizard?

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Creating a formula to add cells from multiple sheets

Welcome to the Board!

Here's a link detailing how to consolidate data from multiple worksheets, which will probably make life easier.:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=xlw2K

You can select non-contiguous graphing ranges (on the same sheet) by using the CTRL key and Left-Click.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

I have a feeling (hesitantly) that you might be able to use named ranges (which can be across multiple sheets) to generate charts - worth a go!
    Iridium

ok, can you do this as well with a formula - not in reference to graphs? ie... total all of the "total expenses" from multiple worksheets?

Quote Originally Posted by cpenaloza
    ok, can you do this as well with a formula - not in reference to graphs? ie... total all of the "total expenses" from multiple worksheets?
    You should have started your own thread for your question is sufficiently different. In which cell is this "total expenses" in each worksheet?

You should have started your own thread for your question is sufficiently different. In which cell is this "total expenses" in each worksheet?
    Sorry about that.. I am new to this...

Say I have 13 worksheets, jan - dec and YTD.. all with the same format (columns and rows) The total expenses would be in C7

Does that help?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cpenaloza

Sorry about that.. I am new to this...

Say I have 13 worksheets, jan - dec and YTD.. all with the same format (columns and rows) The total expenses would be in C7

Does that help?

Thanks!
    Insert two new sheets, name them First and Last, put all 13 sheets in between First and Last, then use the 3d Sum formula:

=SUM(First:Last!C7)

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others