setting print areas

rich_cirillo

Board Regular
Hi

I have 7 documents in a worksheet.Each document range is A5:AB34 for document 1 , Document2 range is A36:AB65 etc..etc ...A 2 row gap between each document...How can i set a print area for each document ( 1 to 7 )....Can print areas named Document 1,Document 2 , Document 3 etc..etc... be saved into the "Name Box" so i can then just select which document to print from the Name Box?
Also is there a way to have a watermark on each document (each sheet has a watermark say document 1,document 2 ,document 3 etc..etc..) but when each document gets printed it does not show the watermark on the printed sheet

Thanks for any help

Rich
XL2010

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi Rich ,

The answer to your first question is YES. If you select the area A5:AB34 , you can type Document1 in the Name Box to assign this name to this area ; similarly , you can create other names such as Document2 , Document3 ,... to refer to the various other areas in your worksheet.

When you wish to print , just select the name from the Name Box , so that the referred to area gets selected , and then click on Set Print Area.

Regarding your second question , if your watermark is through WordArt , then just right click on the watermark to bring up the Size and Properties dialog box , select Properties , and uncheck the Print Object checkbox. Your watermark should not print now.

Narayan

Upvote 0
Hi Narayan
Thank you for your help on print area.
I have never created a watermark before.What steps do i use to create the Watermark please?
Rich

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jin kazuya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back