Don't count duplicate lottery numbers

This is a discussion on Don't count duplicate lottery numbers within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Attached please find a Powerball drawing excel file. For example, for the draw 11/24/2012 (in Yellow), I am trying to ...

Talking Don't count duplicate lottery numbers

Attached please find a Powerball drawing excel file. For example, for the draw 11/24/2012 (in Yellow), I am trying to match how many numbers showed up from the previous 10 draws proceeding it starting from 11/21/2012 to 10/20/2012. Five number out of six numbers including the Powerball (in red) have shown up from the proceeding 10 draws. the only number that has not shown up is #37 (in White). However, it shows 11 numbers drawn (in Blue), when in fact some are duplicates. For example, #32 has shown up four times, but I want it to count as drawn only once. Can you please improve on the formula to not count duplicate numbers? Starting from the top 12/15/2012, I need each line to show for the previous 10 draws. Hence, the absolute reference. Thanks a bunch in advance for anyone who can help!

http://

Last edited by hodan128; Dec 16th, 2012 at 04:41 AM.

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Don't count duplicate lottery numbers

How about?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF($B2:$G11,B1:G1)>0))

in H1 copied down.
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

Default Re: Don't count duplicate lottery numbers

Thank you so much Andrew! You da bomb!!!!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others