Goal Seek Button

This is a discussion on Goal Seek Button within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I use the goal seek command quite a lot. Trying to find a way to set up a button on ...

Default Goal Seek Button

I use the goal seek command quite a lot. Trying to find a way to set up a button on the toolbar to start Goal Seek. When I do Tools>Customize>Commands>Tools goal seek does not appear as a selection to drag and drop on the tool bar.

No doubt a simple answer but this one has me stumped. Thanks

Default Re: Goal Seek Button

Ummm...That's an interesting problem.

Just copy the existing Goal Seek... menu item.

Select Tools | Customize... Then, while in customize mode, click on the Tools menu again. Llet go of the mouse and the Tools menu will remain visible. Move down to the Goal Seek... item, hold down the CTRL key, click and drag off the Tools menu. If you do this correctly, you should see a '+' sign next to the mouse. Put the copied Goal Seek... menu item on the commandbar of your choice.

Sorry I did not reply sooner to your help. Was hospitalized the next day after my post and just getting back into the swing of things. Thanks a bunch. Your solution worked perfectly.

You are welcome. Glad to be of help. Hope whatever it was that put you in the hospital had no lasting effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaudle
    Sorry I did not reply sooner to your help. Was hospitalized the next day after my post and just getting back into the swing of things. Thanks a bunch. Your solution worked perfectly.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others