saving selections in userform

This is a discussion on saving selections in userform within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have a userform that recieves input from the user via textboxes and checkboxes. How can retain the input information ...

Board Regular

Default saving selections in userform

I have a userform that recieves input from the user via textboxes and checkboxes. How can retain the input information in the userform.
    NL

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: saving selections in userform

You will need to save it somewhere when you unload the UserForm, eg a hidden worksheet or a text file, and reload it when the form is initialised.

Board Regular

Is this the only way? Can I somehow use varaibles in the VBA to retain the values?

NL

Hi Nick,

You could make use of some Public variables, but this is generally not advisable. Can you give us a little more information regarding what exactly you are trying to achieve?
    Richie

Board Regular

I have created a userform that has several checkboxes. Based on what checkboxes are selected, excel will create a new sheet for each checkbox that is selected. My problem lies in a scenario where the user wants to change the previously made selections. I only want the user to have to deselect his previous selections or select additional selections. This is just to help prevent user error. I have already created a macro that prevents excel from creating duplicate new sheets.

Hopefully I was able to explain this clearly enough.

NL

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others