VLOOKUP issue

abanerji

I have a problem in getting VLOOKUP to evaluate consistently. It is best understood from the screenshot linked (Office 2010), where cells B3 and B4 are not showing the expected values. I wanted to upload the excel file, but cannot see the option to do it.

The screenshot is at Book2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is just a small segment of the big excel sheet, and so a global solution is required.

How to get it right please?

{mod removed bad img tag}

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Try to add Value() into your Vlookup equation.

=VLOOKUP(Value(A10),F2:G5,2,FALSE)

if this not able to solve your problem~ then try to convert your text into value before Vlookup().

Upvote 0
Just to clarify on Fotis' post.

When my company wants a quick answer (like yesterday), I am forced to seek the most suitable answer. More so, when in-house resource could not help.

In my internet search for a ready answer, I did not come across one, and so posted in multiple fora. In the past, when there has been some security issue, I have posted in different fora, and the knowledge derived has been phenomenal to solve the issue. I appreciate and respect that others may have a different point of view.

In future, if I cross-post in these forums I shall transparently provide the links to the extent possible. To clarify, if I post in Forum 'A' first, Forum 'B' next, and Forum 'C' last, my post in Forum 'A' will not have the links to Forums 'B' and 'C' till I post in the last two. So, I shall get back to Forum 'A' and edit my OP, to provide 'B' and 'C' links, and so on. Hope this is ok, and within the rules.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiz11713

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back