Saving Invoice Without Links

Charlene Moore

I have created an invoice through Excel, and using VBA Code it saves the invoice as an xls format, but when I open the saved file it tells me it is linked and asks to enable macros. I do not want the file saved with formulas or macros, only the data. How do I do this?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
You need to store your invoice as a template that your project uses when creating new invoices. The template does not contain code. The code is stored in another workbook (like PERSONAL.XLS, for example) to be used whenever you want to create invoices.

This is how my 'PointOfSale' app works, and it gives the user the option to store invoices for month/qtr/year in a single file so they're all together for later reference. I (dreadfully) suspect you save each invoice as a separate file and so is why I mention how mine are stored!

Upvote 0
The Master Invoice is a macro template (xlsm) and each new invoice is saved as a separate file (xlsx). Is there a way to break the link to the master when saving the new file via VBA?

Upvote 0
Ok, let me repeat (using other words) what I already said...

Take the macro out of the template;
Store the template as XLST;
Put the macros in a standard module in PERSONAL.XLS.

..and just modify the macro to use the XLST file when making new workbooks. Since the XLST file no longer contains macros the 'Save' problem no longer manifests!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back