English to Japanese Translation Help

doggo

Board Regular
Hi all,

We have a small excel application that needs to be translated into Japanese. We have a translator who will translate the text for us but I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers for?

FYI.
The application is esentially a questionnaire, the question content is contained in worksheets and several Forms are used to interact with the Data

1/ Can the Japanese Language pack run with the std English so we can use both languagues on the same sheet?

2/ How will the VBA controls interact with displaying text in japanese (text box and labels)?

3/ Can other VBA controls (frames / buttons / form titles) display Japanese?

I've been searching for a while so any resources or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doggo

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
hi!
i have several worksheets here from japan.
I need to convert some macro to roman alphabet because it
doesnt show up (especially Kanji)
i have also tried in a button control, it only showed me "?????" the button caption.
But instead of using button, you can use drawing objects like
circle, rectangle, etc.
I think the most awkward drawback is the chracters not showing well (from japanese to english) but .The spreadsheet
I recieve from japan are often times not using buttons, but
drawing objects to run macro.

Upvote 0
how would you say these sentances in japanese? because i'm writing a letter

my very favourite ske48 songs are bukiyou taiyou and datte, ame janai (i know you say bukiyou taiyou and datte, ame janai like this: 不器用太陽 / だって、雨じゃない )

your newest single Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai is great (same with 金の愛、銀の愛)

and i hope you have a nice christmas

i sang "Synchro Tokimeki" because it looked fun, and i really like that song when you sang it, akari

i sang ''yokaze no shiwaza'' because i like that song & it sounded lovely when you sung it, akane, and it's a really pretty song

i tried translating with google translate, but i'm not sure if it's right - can you correct me or help me? :)

my very favourite ske48 songs are bukiyou taiyou and datte, ame janai -

Watashi no hijō ni sukina SKE 48 no kyoku wa `bukiyō taiyō' soreto `datte, ame janai'desu - 私の非常に好きなSKE48の曲は「不器用太陽」それと「だって、雨じゃない」です

your newest single Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai is great -

Anata no saishin no `kin no ai, gin no ai' shinguru wa subarashīdesu - あなたの最新の「金の愛、銀の愛」シングルは素晴らしいです

and i hope you have a nice christmas - So****e, watashi wa anata ga sutekina kurisumasu to omotte imasu - そして、私はあなたが素敵なクリスマスと思っています

i sang "Synchro Tokimeki" because it looked fun, and i really like that song when you sang it, akari -

Watashi wa, `shinkuro tokimeki' anata ga sore o utatta toki, sore wa tanoshī mite, watashi wa hontōni sono kyoku no yōnanode, Akari o utaima****a - 私は、「シンクロときめき」あなたがそれを歌ったとき、それは楽しい見て、私は本当にその曲のようなので、あかりを歌いました

i sang ''yokaze no shiwaza'' because i like that song & it sounded lovely when you sung it, akane, and it's a really pretty song -

Watashi ga utatta `yokaze no shiwaza' watashi wa sono uta ga sukide, sore wa anata ga sore o utatta toki ni, suteki narashi akane, so****e sore wa hontōni kawaī utadakara - 私が歌った「夜風の仕業」私はその歌が好きで、それはあなたがそれを歌ったときに、素敵鳴らし茜、そしてそれは本当にかわいい歌だから

Upvote 0
How about translate.google.com?

Upvote 0
How about translate.google.com?

like i said :), i tried translating with google translate, but i'm not sure if it's right

''my very favourite ske48 songs are bukiyou taiyou and datte, ame janai -

Watashi no hijō ni sukina SKE 48 no kyoku wa `bukiyō taiyō' soreto `datte, ame janai'desu - 私の非常に好きなSKE48の曲は「不器用太陽」それと「だって、雨じゃない」です

your newest single Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai is great -

Anata no saishin no `kin no ai, gin no ai' shinguru wa subarashīdesu - あなたの最新の「金の愛、銀の愛」シングルは素晴らしいです

and i hope you have a nice christmas - So****e, watashi wa anata ga sutekina kurisumasu to omotte imasu - そして、私はあなたが素敵なクリスマスと思っています

i sang "Synchro Tokimeki" because it looked fun, and i really like that song when you sang it, akari -

Watashi wa, `shinkuro tokimeki' anata ga sore o utatta toki, sore wa tanoshī mite, watashi wa hontōni sono kyoku no yōnanode, Akari o utaima****a - 私は、「シンクロときめき」あなたがそれを歌ったとき、それは楽しい見て、私は本当にその曲のようなので、あかりを歌いました

i sang ''yokaze no shiwaza'' because i like that song & it sounded lovely when you sung it, akane, and it's a really pretty song -

Watashi ga utatta `yokaze no shiwaza' watashi wa sono uta ga sukide, sore wa anata ga sore o utatta toki ni, suteki narashi akane, so****e sore wa hontōni kawaī utadakara - 私が歌った「夜風の仕業」私はその歌が好きで、それはあなたがそれを歌ったときに、素敵鳴らし茜、そしてそれは本当にかわいい歌だから ''

Upvote 0
You have posted in a forum dedicated to solving problems using Microsoft Excel. What does your query have to do with spreadsheets?

Upvote 0
You have posted in a forum dedicated to solving problems using Microsoft Excel. What does your query have to do with spreadsheets?

nothing, i just thought someone might be able to help me with it :)

i didn't think it actually meant 'Microsoft Excel'

never mind, then :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back