Lotto numbers 5 out of 90

afeweiyemafe

I have 5 winning lottery numbers out of 90. I need to creat a fomula that will generate the next winning numbers. This is a random selection.
These are the numbers:

I need to calculate the next first 5 numbers to be drawn out of 90.

Thanks
Frans

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
are you trying to use the previous winning numbers to randomly generate a new set of numbers?

Upvote 0
I need to creat a fomula that will generate the next winning numbers.
Take into account that there is no correlation between previous 5 winning and the next 5 lottery numbers because it's the property of the random numbers.

Random generator may help only in choosing of random numbers but can't help in increasing the chances to win.
Here is the instruction:
1. Put in cells A1:A90 the numbers from 1 up to 90
2. Put in cells B1:B90 formula =RAND()
3. Sort B-column as much times as you want
4. Get from A-column any 5 numbers: top 5 or bottom 5, or any other 5 - doesn't matter.

Regardless of the chosen 5 numbers the probability to win the 5 of 90 is equal to
=5/90 * 4/89 * 3/88 * 2/87 *1/86 = 0.0000000228
The winner's chance is 1 to 43 949 268 which is approx 1 to population of Italy.

Be lucky but/or keep the money! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This on-line calculator Calculate Your Chance of Winning the Lottery provides curious comparison of the chance to win 5 out of 90 lottery:

" Here are some other odds for the sake of comparison:
You have about a 1 in 2,000,000 chance of being struck by lightning.
A pregnant woman has a 1 in 705,000 chance of giving birth to quadruplets.
Someone eating an oyster has a 1 in 12,000 chance of finding a pearl inside of it.

Now, lottery odds can be pretty incomprehensible. How can we possibly have any "feeling" for the number 43,949,268? To help you with this, here's a little experiment you can try to "get a handle on" what a 1 in 43,949,268 chance really means.

1. Get a piece of rope or string, that's 68 feet long.

2. In a wide open area, arrange the rope or string in a circle, end to end, the best you can.

3. Get a single grain of sand or dirt (use tweezers!) and place it anywhere you wish inside the circle.

4. Get a second grain of sand. Close your eyes, and "disorient" yourself as to where the grain of sand is that you placed inside of the circle (have someone spin you around or something!).

5. While you're inside the circle, drop the second grain of sand from 1 foot up.

6. Your chances of hitting the first grain of sand with the second is roughly equal to the odds of "1 in 43,949,268."

7. If the rope's length mentioned in #1 is a little unreasonable, for every foot above the circle that you drop the second grain of sand, you can reduce the length of the string by the same amount. For example, if you dropped the second grain of sand from a ladder 10 feet up, you'd need a length of string that is 10 times shorter than the one in #1, or a 68/10 = 6.82951 foot long piece of string.

Good luck! And sorry to say that the only way to increase your chances of winning is to buy more tickets! Choosing birthdays, your age, addresses, years, phone numbers, etc. does not help at all! "

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anna123 - Happy that you have hope and faith and belief. But I don't. We both have the same chance of winning if we buy one ticket. There are other forums to talk guaranteed ways to get rich quick.............

Upvote 0
This on-line calculator Calculate Your Chance of Winning the Lottery provides curious comparison of the chance to win 5 out of 90 lottery:

Here are some other odds for the sake of comparison:
You have about a 1 in 2,000,000 chance of being struck by lightning.
A pregnant woman has a 1 in 705,000 chance of giving birth to quadruplets.
Someone eating an oyster has a 1 in 12,000 chance of finding a pearl inside of it.
I forgot which lottery it was, but the prize had grown enormous and there was a nationwide (US) buying frenzy for it. Someone (supposedly a statistician) was quote on the news as saying "The odds of your dying in an automobile accident on the way to buy your ticket is four times greater than your chance of actually winning the lottery". I thought that was a kind of sobering statistic (I went out and bought a lottery ticket anyway:LOL:).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back